Troubleshooting: Common Problems & How to Fix
The majority of problems with the mod-loading tools are caused either by installing them incorrectly, or trying to use an old/outdated version of the tools. If in doubt, make sure you downloaded the correct tools from the How To Install Mods page.
Common Error Messages
Below is a list of common error messages, along with explanations, and suggestions of how to fix them.
DOOMEternalx64vk.exe has a wrong MD5 hash
"DOOMEternalx64vk.exe has a wrong MD5 hash!"
Each version of EternalModInjector is designed to work with a specific version of the game. This error means EternalModInjector.bat is looking for a different version of the DOOMEternalx64vk.exe file than the one you have.
How to Fix:
There are three common reasons why this error can occur:
- Most likely, you are using an out-of-date version of the mod-loading tools. You can always find the most updated version by following the links in the How To Install Mods page.
- If you're certain your mod-loading tools are up-to-date, then you may need to update your game to the latest version (in this case, run the game update through Steam/Bethesda/Microsoft/etc).
- It's possible you downloaded tools from the wrong version of the game. If you have the Microsoft Store version, make sure you download the Microsoft Store version of the tools (not Steam/Bethesda).
If the game itself was recently updated, it's possible that no version of EternalModInjector supports it yet. In that case, you will need to wait for an updated EternalModInjector to be released. This usually occurs within 24 - 48 hours of the latest game update.
<Other Filename> has a wrong MD5 hash
e.g. "packagemapspec.json" has a wrong MD5 hash!
This usually means you updated the game or mod-loading tools without following the proper steps. In general, you must always verify/repair your installation through Steam/Bethesda before updating the mod-loading tools.
How to Fix:
1. If you recently downloaded an update for EternalModInjector, make sure you extract all of the files from the EternalModInjector.zip archive. A common issue is that you might forget to extract the "base" folder - the files here need to be moved from the .zip folder into your own Doom Eternal "base" directory. Press "yes" to overwrite any existing files.
2. If you're certain that you installed the EternalModInjector update correctly, the other possibility is that you have corrupted or pre-modded backup files. This can be fixed by following the steps on this page: Resetting Your Backups.
idRehash couldn't find the resource hash offsets!
"idRehash couldn't find the resource hash offsets!"
How to Fix:
If you recently downloaded an update for EternalModInjector, make sure you extract all of the files from the EternalModInjector.zip archive. A common issue is that you might forget to extract the "base" folder.
If you're certain that you installed the EternalModInjector update correctly, follow these steps:
1. Keep the console window open with the error message visible. Read the line just above the red error message. You should see text that says
"Failed to get offset for resource:" followed by a file path. An example of the file path might be
.\game\dlc\e4m3_mcity\e4m3_mcity_patch2.resources"- make note of this file path, because this is the file that is causing a problem.
2. Close the console window and navigate to the file you found in step 1. This path is relative to your Doom Eternal "base" directory. So in this case you'd open your Doom Eternal installation folder, then the
base folder, then
e4m3_mcity- finally, you should see a file called
e4m3_mcity_patch2.resources. Delete this file, then run
3. Run the injector again, and repeat steps 1 and 2 for any additional files that you see an error for.
If the issue still persists, or you have other issues with the game: follow the steps to Reset Your Backups.
Meta.resources is outdated or pre-modded
"meta.resources is outdated or pre-modded!"
How to Fix:
This error message isn't used anymore. This means your version of the mod-loading tools is out-of-date. To fix this, go to the How To Install Mods page and follow the instructions there to download the latest version.