How to Install Mods (Doom Eternal)
Game Update 6.4 for DOOM Eternal was released on September 14, 2021. The download links below have been updated to the newest version of the mod-loading tools that support Game Update 6.4.
If you are updating from a previous version of EternalModInjector, you must
verify/repair the game before installing the new mod-loading tools. If you skipped the verify/repair step and you are having problems, please follow the steps to
reset your backups.
Step 1 - Mod-Loader Installation
The DOOM Eternal mod-loading tools are maintained by the DOOM 2016+ Modding Discord. The files you need and the installation instructions depend on what version of the game you have.
If you are unable to access the DOOM 2016+ Modding Discord using the invite link above, you can scroll to the very bottom of this page for download mirrors.
If you use the Steam/Bethesda.net Launcher version on Windows, go to https://discord.com/channels/570112501853978624/693113846688383029/887423770971746364 and follow these steps:
- Download the
EternalModInjector.zipfile from the message linked above.
- Locate your DOOM Eternal installation directory. Steam version: right-click DOOM Eternal in your Steam library, and choose "Properties..." > "Local Files" > "Browse...". This will open a File Explorer window inside your DOOM Eternal installation folder. Bethesda version: click on DOOM Eternal's icon in the Bethesda.net launcher, click "Game Options" near the top-right, and choose "Show in Folder".
- Extract the contents of this .zip file into your DOOM Eternal installation's root directory, (the one you found in step #2), e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOMEternal\.Overwrite any existing files if prompted.
- Verify the files were properly extracted. You should end up with these files in your DOOM Eternal directory. If so, the mod-loading tools are now installed.
-/EternalModInjector.bat -/EternalModManager.exe -/EternalModManager.exe.config -/base/BlangParser.dll -/base/DEternal_loadMods.exe -/base/DEternal_patchManifest.exe -/base/EternalPatcher.def -/base/EternalPatcher.exe -/base/EternalPatcher.exe.config -/base/idRehash.exe -/base/Newtonsoft.Json.dll -/base/opusdec.exe -/base/opusenc.exe -/base/rs_data -/base/zlib64.dll -/Mods/
Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass) version:
The Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass) version of the mod-loading tools can be found at https://discord.com/channels/570112501853978624/693113846688383029/887693352387112960.
Important: The instructions for Steam/Bethesda are not the same as for the Microsoft Store version. If you're using the Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass) version, follow the instructions at the link above.
The Linux version of the mod-loading tools can be found at https://github.com/leveste/EternalBasher/releases/latest.
Step 2 - Playing with Mods
Follow the "Mod-Loader Installation" instructions above if you haven't already.
Once you've installed the mod-loading tools, you can download and install mods as follows:
- Download one or more "mod loader"-based mods (they should be saved as .zip archives). You can find mods for download in Discord servers, and on websites like Nexus Mods.
- Put the zip archive(s) into the "Mods" folder in your DOOM Eternal installation. (You don't have to extract them, just keep them as zip archives.)
EternalModInjector.bat. If this is the first time that you run it, it should tell you some first-time information about what the batch file does, and what to do if something goes wrong with it. Please pay attention while reading it, as the information may come in handy for you at some point.
- If this isn't the first time that you run it, it should automatically load mods and launch DOOM Eternal for you without requiring user input.
- From now on, simply launch DOOM Eternal as normal (e.g. through Steam or the Bethesda.net Launcher), and it should run with the mods that you last loaded.
- If you want to change which mods are/aren't loaded, move mods into/out of the "Mods" folder and run
Please be wary that you don't enter BattleMode while you have any mods loaded. We take no responsibility for if you get yourself banned from it as a result of using mods.
- Steam/Bethesda version - GameBanana Link: https://gamebanana.com/tools/download/7475
- Microsoft Store version - Github Link: https://github.com/SEWsam/DOOMdumper/releases/latest