Creating Sound Mods
See Extracting Game Audio before proceeding.
Instructions are for Windows users.
Download an audio-editing tool of your choice, such as Audacity - Download
- Import the OGG or OPUS files and edit them in your audio-editing tool.
- Make sure that your edits match the start and end length of the audio track.
- SFX & VO: Convert all of the audio you want to export to OPUS.
( Export Audio -> OggOpus - 64 kbps for high quality )
- MUSIC: Convert all of the audio you want to export to WAV. ( 32 bit for high quality )
FFmpeg ( SFX & VO )
You need the FFmpeg extension for Audacity to import/export OPUS audio files - Download
- Install ffmpeg-win-#.#.#.exe -> Follow the installation instructions
- Open Audacity -> Edit -> Preferences -> Libraries
- FFmpeg Library: Locate... -> Browse... -> Find avformat-55.dll -> OK
Sometimes, Audacity will automatically find avformat-55.dll
Wwise Launcher ( MUSIC )
Create an audiokinetic account (use free trial) and install Wwise Launcher - Download
- Go to Wwise Launcher -> WWISE -> Launch Wwise (64-bit) -> New (Project Launcher) -> Provide it a name -> Select None (Import assets to project) -> OK
- Close (License Manager) -> Property Editor (SHIFT + K) -> Source Settings -> Default Conversion Settings ... -> Factory Conversion Settings / Vorbis / Vorbis Quality High -> OK -> OK
- Audio File Importer (SHIFT + I) -> Add Files... -> Select your WAV files -> Open -> Import
(Replace any if needed)
- Project -> Convert All Audio Files... -> Check Windows (If it is not already checked) -> OK
- File Manager (SHIFT + F1) -> Right Click Project Folder Directory -> Open Containing Folder -> .cache\Windows\SFX (It is recommended to bookmark this directory)
- Be sure that the exported WEM files end with _3F75BDB9
It is recommended to repeat Step 2 EVERY TIME you launch Wwise, in case the default Factory Conversion Settings are automatically restored.
- In your DOOMEternal\Mods folder, create a folder called named based on where the file was originally found.
( ex: music_patch_1 )
- Copy your converted WEM file(s) in there and make sure they have the same name as extracted files.
( ex: samuelsbase_music_main_heavy_0_0_id#15098487.wem )
- Run the EternalModInjector like normal.